Visitors are Welcome!

19 March 2008

Chopping Wood


After ICE STORM 2007 I went and bought an axe and chain saw. I picked up some big logs from peoples' curbs around town. I cut them into pieces and then split them with the axe. I restocked our wood pile. You can see in the picture of the stumps just how much water was inside of the wood. The concrete wicked the water out of them. Now they are pretty dry and it makes some good firewood. And the best part was that I didn't have to pay for it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss having a fire place.

That is a pretty good idea. You should live in the woods...

Unknown said...

How long does it take to chop some wood??

if you only post once a month you will only have 12 entries by the end of the year!

You should read my latest post, I think you might like that movie. I think it is funny how he descirbed gettting an answer to his prayer about if the church is true. Watch it!